The easiest way to create a table seating plan
for your wedding, celebration or event
This release adds bug fixes to version 4.2.6. You will require a version 4 licence key to unlock the full functionality. You can buy a licence key here (or upgrade from a previous version here). This upgrade is free to all customers with a valid v4 licence key.
We recommend that you back-up any important plan files before installing any new release.
The download links are at the bottom of the page.
This version can read plan (.tp) files saved by any earlier version of PerfectTablePlan. But reading 4.2.7 plans into versions of the software before 4.2.0 may lose some data.
|Windows||Mac OS X|
|Operating systems||Windows 7/ Vista/ XP/ 2000||Mac OS X 10.7 to 10.3.9|
|Screen resolution||800x600 pixels or better|
|Colours||65,536 colours (16 bit) or better|
No enhancements have been made since version 4.2.6.
The following bug fixes have been made since version 4.2.6:
1. Fixed a bug in the automatic seat assignment that meant some improved solutions might be missed. Thank you to Peter D for reporting this. [Fixed in v4.2.7]
2. The Table Spacing window reappeared each time the Floor plan pane was displayed, even after table spacing was turned off. This is now fixed. Thank you to Malcolm D for reporting this. [Fixed in v4.2.7]
3. Fixed a crash bug that sometimes occurred using the Floor plan pane, particularly when snapping objects to a grid in the Floor plan pane. [Fixed in v4.2.7]
4. Fixed a crash bug that sometimes occurred when deleting guests from the Guests pane when the Stationery pane was also visible. Thank you to Stuart H for reporting this. [Fixed in v4.2.7]
5. The Progress bar now shows when reading in large plans. [Fixed in v4.2.7]
6. The -import_type command line argument was only recognised if it was lower case. This has now been fixed so that case is unimportant. [Fixed in v4.2.7]
7. Fixed a bug that could cause spurious error messages when importing custom fields. Thank you to Geraint B for reporting this. [Fixed in v4.2.7]
8. Fixed a bug that could cause defaults for custom fields with type='text' to sometimes be set incorrectly when opening a document. Thank you to Angela M for reporting this. [Fixed in v4.2.7]
9. Fixed a bug that caused custom proximity to sometimes be scored incorrectly for custom fields of type Yes/No. [Fixed in v4.2.7]
10. If you have the mouse option Automatically move pointer to the default button in a dialog box set in Windows Control panel>Mouse>Pointer Options this can cause tables and other items to be moved unintentionally in the Floor plan pane. This is because PerfectTablePlan isn't able to tell the difference between the user moving the mouse and Windows moving the mouse. We now show a warning message explaining this if you double click in the Floor plan pane with this Windows setting on. Thank you to to Guy "DrTeeth" S. for reporting this. [Fixed in v4.2.7]
11. Updated Microsoft msvcr80.dll library from v8.0.50727.762 to v8.0.50727.6195 to address possible Microsoft security vulnerabilities. [Fixed in v4.2.7]
The following are known issues in this release:
1. Some letters are rendered incorrectly in some fonts (e.g. Calibri) when printed, even though they look fine on the screen. The problem might only appear for a few characters in several hundred guest names. You can workaround this problem by either using a different font (e.g. Arial or Verdana) or exporting to PDF and printing that from Adobe Acrobat (free). This appears to be a problem in a third party library. We hope it will be fixed in a future release.
2. If you set View>User interface>Expert with User interface style set to Unified toolbar and titlebar in the Preferences window, you may not be able to resize the Main window as small as you would like. You can reduce the problem by unchecking tool bar text and large tool bar icons in the Preferences window. Or you can avoid it altogether by setting User interface style to Standard in the Preferences window. This appears to be a bug in an underlying third party library. We hope it will be fixed in a future release.
3. On Mac OS X 10.7 onwards there is a minor cosmetic error in the appear of drop-down lists. However the behaviour of the drop-down list is unaffected. This appears to be a bug in an underlying third party library. We hope it will be fixed in a future release.
Please notify any bugs or problems in as much detail as possible to support.